Enrolling in the Rogers Public Schools
Welcome to the Rogers Public Schools! We are so happy to enroll every new student. The Rogers Public Schools are open and free to everyone between the ages of 5 and 21, who is an actual resident of the district or has been properly approved as a transfer student.
Students enroll at the school they will attend. To find out which school zone you are in, you can type your address into our on-line boundary check.
To enroll in the Rogers Public Schools for the first time or after returning from another district, parents or guardians of students need to bring the information below to the school:
1. We need just one of the following documents to verify your child's age:
a. A birth certificate or other approved certification of date of birth;
b. A statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the child's date of birth;
c. An attested baptismal certificate;
d. A passport;
e. An affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child's parent or guardian;
f. Previous school records; or
g. United States military identification.
2. We also need an identification number for the student (Social Security number or you may request that the school assign an identification number).
3. We also need proof of your address within the district boundaries, which may be verified with one of the following sets of documents:
a. A current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill showing the name and address of the student's parent or legal guardian.
b. A rental or lease agreement and a current utility bill showing the name and address of the student's parent or legal guardian.
c. Copies of a current utility bill from two different utility companies showing the name and address of the parent or legal guardian.
If you do not have all of the necessary documents, you will be asked to bring any documents you do have to the district administration office and sign an affidavit.
4. Your child will need proof of immunization, as required by the Arkansas Department of Health, against poliomyelitis, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), red (rubeola) measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and varicella (chicken pox), or an approved waiver from this requirement. *Note: Beginning in 2010-11, kindergartners are required to have two doses of varicella. Seventh-graders are now required to have a Tdap immunization.
The district may temporarily admit a student if the child becomes appropriately immunized, is in the process of receiving the needed doses of a vaccine, or shows proof that he or she has applied for an exemption for those vaccines he or she has not received within 30 school days after being originally admitted.
5. Enrolling kindergartners will need current proof of a physical examination (within the past 24 months).
6. We will also need to ask you if your child has been expelled from a previous school or is a party to any expulsion proceeding at a previous school. (If a student is under expulsion from any other school, the student will not be admitted to school until the Board of Education has conducted a hearing to determine the student's suitability for admission. The Board may prohibit a student from enrolling until the expulsion from the other school has expired.)
New student registration forms are available online and may be filled out in advance and brought to the school along with the other enrollment documents.
Thank you for choosing the Rogers School District. We're glad you're here!